Rye in East Sussex Town Guide

Sheltered Accommodation

Hi there, my name is Patricia Smith and I am a Sheltered Housing Scheme manager for Rother Homes in East Sussex, if you wish to register for sheltered housing in any area all you have to do is contact the individual councils and register for Sheltered Housing, you will be contacted and offered properties to view depending on your relatives needs, you may get offered a studio flat or one bed flat or if a couple you may get a two bed flat, all accomodation is supported by lifeline and is a way of a relative to stay independant for as long as possible with a range of support to available to enable that to happen, if you have any question log on to ‘AmicusHorizon’under sheltered housing or Rother Homes.co.uk and more information would become available goodluck with your search, Tricia

2 responses to “Sheltered Accommodation”

  1.  avatar


    My father-in-law lives in London. My wife and I are buying a one bedroom property in Rye and are trying to find a sheltered housing location for him in Rye also. Is this a possibility? He has never lived in Rye but knows the area. I would be grateful for your help.

    Many thanks,

    Gary Callard

  2.  avatar

    I notice that the date is Feb 26th 2007 and am referring to your article, advising a couple from London, that the father can register for sheltered. Sadly this is not so. Please confirm. Applicants have to have lived in Rye or had a connection with Rye!

Sign in to add a comment

What's new?

Craft Magic
Craft Magic

We are a craft shop selling goods for cardmaking, jewellery making, beading, scrapbooking and mosaic. We stock Decopatch papers and … more

Listed in: Art and Craft Supplies

Message Board

Our name is Rye!

My husband’s family are descended from Hubert de Rie, one of William the Conqueror’s men. Are there any other Ryes … more

Cycling Holiday

Hello, we are planing a cycling holiday in September and will be staying in Rye for two nights. We were … more

Explore Rye ...