Looking For Good Host Families
Do you have a spare bedroom available? Would you like to share your culture and experiences with others while simultaneously learning about theirs? If so, why not join countless other families across the world in hosting an international student?
Staying with a host family gives our students a fantastic opportunity to immerse themselves into a new culture and the English language.
The experience can be enriching and rewarding for both student and hosts alike. Students benefit immeasurably from conversing in English in a relaxed, natural situation, such as after school or over dinner. You as hosts can rest assured that students are selected with great care and are expected to abide by your own customs and have reasonable expectations.
You will also receive payment on a weekly basis for hosting an international student.
Our summer language school based in Rye is looking for short term (3.5 weeks) host family board and lodging for its students in July 2010.
We are based in Rye and therefore we are interested in hearing from families in or very near Rye town centre.
Our students come from Spain, Italy and Greece to study or improve their English languages skills and are between 15 and 19 years old.
All our families agree to abide by English UK’s Homestay Code of Practice for providers of home stay accommodation for students from abroad.
Our host family can be:
• A couple with children,
• A couple without children,
• Single parents.
We expect from the host family:
• A warm, welcoming and safe environment,
• Caring and sensitiveness to their guest’s needs and culture,
• A clean bedroom with a single bed per student and adequate furniture together with access to communal areas of the house and to allow daily access to the bathroom,
• Attention to and awareness of the student’s need to improve his/her English and to encourage, where possible, communication between the student and the host family,
• To provide a door key to your guest student,
• To provide accommodation on a half board basis (Breakfast and dinner) except Sundays which are considered a family day when full board should be provided.
• To provide one laundry service per week.
Want to become a host-family? Please email me at [reveal email] with your questions and we will take it from there.